Thursday 15 December 2011

Meow! Katy Perry launches her new fragrance in LA..

Wow.. the pics of Katy Perry at the launch of her newest perfume 'Meow!' blew me away! 


My favourite California Girl looked amazing in her knee length pink dress- unusually demure but still fabulous and 'very Katy' by showing off her curves! 




And I would just like to point out the obvious but she is another star that has recently gone for the chop and dyed her locks blonde! They say 3s a trend- so if I go by Katy, Cheryl and Rihanna, it looks like that may be my new look next year when I go back to the hairdressers.. If I'm brave enough that is! 

Well, i sidestepped the Candy colour phase so maybe blonde is meeting in the middle on the crazy scale! 


So as for the perfume itself.. I am still waiting to try it.. although I adore the pink cat shaped bottle! (Which Katy complimented with her outfit!) 






Katy said "I grew up going to flea markets, and all the vintage stores and the Rose Bowl in Los Angeles, I'd always look for milk glass - that beautiful, vintage milk glass that held candles, or salt and pepper. I definitely wanted to use it for Meow."


And as for the scent.. Katy went all Cheryl Cole on us and declared how she felt that certain smells could be linked to fond memories! 


"I think that you can hear a song, and it'll take you back to that moment, or that person, or that time in your life. Same thing with your sense of smell - it's really powerful...So I thought I could make memories with people with Purr or Meow." 


She also described the new fragrance as "edible" as it contains essence of pear, vanilla and honeysuckle along with musk and amber. 

Mmmmmmmmm 


Well I can't wait to try it as I loved Purr which she released last year... it was really me, very girly as it infused floral scents such as jasmine blossom, pink freesia and rose. 






So congratulations to Katy on the success of her perfume collection.. I really hope there is more to come as she really seems to capture a fun energy and her sensual personality.. Maybe in the future something i can wear at night will come from her as I do feel these are more of a daytime scent with their floral and fruity scent. 


Hopefully something seductive for her 'KatyCats' to really get their claws in to!

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog from twitter on the #bbloggers converstation on twitter and thought I would take a look! I really love your blog and I followed you and I would love it if you would take a quick peek at mine! Oooh and I really want to smell this, the bottles are really cute!
    xxx

    islaay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo i didn't know she had a new perfume out! i hope its as good as the first one so lovely! great blog =] look forward to future posts.

    Tanesha x
    tanesha-marie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete